Sunday, August 10, 2008

Say no to paper plates

Me:

Last night I had some people over for a game of Apples to Apples.

Even though a couple of my plates are plastic and kind of embarrassing, and even though I have only a few sets of matching cups, I refused to buy paper plates and plastic cups. I also used my own non matching forks. Some of my cups were even re-washed cups from the Chevron station.

No one complained and if they thought less of me for it, they said nothing.

The one thing I did not consider were paper towels/napkins. I ended up having to steal some napkins from my boyfriend. (he only keeps them so he can grab a handful on his way out the door because he blows his nose a lot).

I think I will do what was suggested in the past and buy real napkins. It may surprise people when they ask for a paper towel and I hand them a cloth napkin. But I can always take the opportunity to explain that I rarely use disposable anything.

There was a glass Sobe bottle left over that someone brought. I will be washing that and re-using it. Mostly for carrying water when I am out and about.

Anyway, that is my small contribution to the environment this weekend!

No comments: